Check if a site’s connection is secure
To see whether a website is safe to visit, you can check for security info about the site. Chrome will alert you if you can’t visit the site safely or privately.
- In Chrome, open a Cybertherapy website.
- These symbols let you know how safe it is to visit and use a site. They tell you if a site has a security certificate, if Chrome trusts that certificate, and if Chrome has a private connection with a site. To check a site’s security, to the left of the web address, look at the security status:
- View site or Not secure
- Not secure or Dangerous
- To see the site’s details and permissions, select the icon. You’ll see a summary of how private Chrome thinks the connection is.
Go to the following websites:
|Why or why not|
For each website, answer the question below:
Is the site secure, does it have a certificate, place a (X) in the column if you would enter personal, financial or medical information on this site? Why or why not?
How to Encrypt Files Using Microsoft Office
This process encrypts individual files compatible with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint or Excel. Once you encrypt a file this way, you’ll need to reopen it in Microsoft Office; you won’t be able to open it in Google Docs, Adobe Reader or LibreOffice. These steps work for all up-to-date versions of Office, across Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Open a Microsoft Office program and click Open Other Documents.
- Click Browse.
- Select a file you want to encrypt and click Open.
- Click the File tab at the top of the page.
- Click “Protect Document” on the left side
- Select Encrypt with Password from the pop-up menu.
- Enter a password for the file.You’ll be prompted to re-enter the same password, then click OK. After you exit this file, you’ll have to enter the same password to reopen it. Be sure to store this password in a separate, safe place.
- Discuss what information you would consider personal and private while online?
- Why is security important in the medical profession?
- How do you verify that a website is authentic when surfing the web?
- How do you determine a safe site to complete a credit card transaction?
- How do you encrypt personal information via email that you may send to a health care professional?